Saturday 25 June 2011

This, I like.

(That is, rather oddly, a direct quote from Lady Montagu to myself and hubs, on choosing the name of our daughter a couple of years ago - random fact!)

Anyway, the crop today went very well.  I managed to complete 5 whole layouts - Hurrah!  There was a new lady sitting across the table and it was rather strange, but quite nice, to be able to offer some words of comfort on really gripping the cropping bug and being aware of what to pack etc.  Like me, she had been buying stuff for a while but had only recently really started producing pages.  I was really chuffed when she admired some of my layouts and said that the layered style was definitely where she wanted to head.  Out of the 5 layouts, I really like 2 of them, like 1 of them and feel just about okay about the other 2!

So here, without further ado, is the first of the one's that I really like.  It was the first one of the day and uses a sketch by Shimelle (surprise surprise!) that she posted just last week.


I actually used Halloween papers here (the orange central strip is bats!)  And how cute is that little spade?  Yet another of the little finds from The Works :-)


I grabbed the first landscape photo I came across when I saw the sketch and as it happens, it is L's first foray into rockpooling in Newport beach.  It really made me smile when I remembered how much he loved it then and how I had just done that layout recently about how much he loves it now.  It was pure coincidence that I picked up this photo but it was nice to think that although so much changes with children, some things can stay the same if you take the time to notice them.  Yay for scrapping!

Bye for now! xx

8 comments:

  1. Yay! indeed. I love the colours in this page, using the Halloween paper is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout. Your embellishments are great, love the camera and large paisley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's wonderful, I'm loving the camera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and the embellies...great LO
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. like this choice of colors...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout... I just couldn't get the top left corner embellishment look right - but you've done masterfully here. I have to say, I also love your 'Rock Pooling' layout, it has real impact. I'll be back to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super page - no wonder Shimelle featured it. And great use of Halloween paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL page and congrats of your feature, totally jumped out to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)