Tuesday 27 November 2012

Carta Bella Traditions cards

When Echo Park Papers announced it was launching a sister company I was intrigued.  I love Echo Park and the new Carta Bella company promised premium branding with a sophisticated range so I was excited to be able to work with one of their debut collections.  

Sarah sent me the Traditions collection from the S J Crafts shop and true to their word, the papers are wonderful quality and slightly textured.  The colours in this particular kit are great for everyday, Autumn and Christmas if you prefer not to purchase overly themed ranges.   

I had a few cards to make and I think you'll agree that they are all very different even though they come from the same wonderful kit.  

This one was inspired by a home decor project on Pinterest and was inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and embellished with orange gems for an Autumnal feel.



This one features one of the stunning stickers from the 12x12 sheet that comes as part of the collection.  I knew it wouldn't work on a scrapbook page so it was perfect as a focal point on a card raised up with some pop dots. 


And then this last one for my dear Dad which embraces the traditional feel of the collection with the addition of an embossed car (oh how I love to watch embossing powder melt!) and some script ribbon (apologies for the blurring, my camera didn't like being left in the cold car overnight!).


I also made 2 very different scrapbook layouts with this wonderful collection so please check back again soon.

I must just say a quick thank you for all the comments and e-mails etc on my previous post.  It is wonderful to have people thinking of you across the world and sending their love.  The last couple of weeks have been some of the darkest I have known for a good while, the stress of the house is just adding to it!  This weekend I am off to a scrapping retreat to play with paper for hours on end.  This is by far my best therapy.

Much love to you all

Bye for now xx

8 comments:

  1. glad to see you sorted out your blogger issues.

    Great cards i especailly love the butterflys. I will be pinning for future reference xx enjoy your retreat...i could do with one of them :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa-Jane ~ Your cards are all so lovely, but I have to say that the butterfly one is my favorite! I'm so glad to hear that you are off to a retreat this weekend - it will be so good for your spirit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa
    I'm just catching up with my blogging after being absent for awhile and it sounds like you've been having fun and games. Stress is not what you need especially at this time of year. I hope you get all the repairs sorted quickly so that things can get back to normal for you. Enjoy your scrapping retreat, it'll do you so much good to escape for awhile.
    I love your cards, this new paper looks gorgeous.
    Take Care
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lovely cards have certainly got me intrigued too - i might have to search out some of these papers now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards - the peacock is stunning. I see them popping up all around lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cards. The peacock one is wonderful. So pretty. The car is cute too. I love watching embossing powder melt too. I normally end up messing it up somehow though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off sorry to hear that things have been stressful and got you down.

    JK Rowling used to take her work to a cafe where she could clear her mind of the situation at home. Is that something you could do with your OU work? I quite like the image of sitting in a cafe with a cappuccino and a notebook letting the world bustle by outside in the cold.

    Secondly, I can see that despite it all your creativity is shining through. These cards are lovely and the butterfly one is just stunning. I can see a Christmassy version with snowflakes and a deer?

    Take care and drop by for a chat if you fancy it.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry life has been so busy Lisa, I like Kate's suggestion to get out of the house for a bit. LOVE those cards, especially the butterfly one, it's stunning, and I also agree about the magic of heat embossing!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)