Friday 16 November 2012

S J Crafts Challenge - Christmas

There is just so much Christmas activity around here at the moment and I love it!  

There is new challenge on over at S J Crafts and the current theme is Christmas.  What with that and Jennifer's Frosty Festivities starting later today it has been a very merry week here.  I have had Christmas music on and festive smelling candles burning to really get into the spirit and I can tell you that my craft room is literally bursting with presents to wrap and things to make.  

This layout was influenced by Shimelle's Scrapbook Remix class with the layering effects.  Its all about Louis as a baby and trying to get a decent shot of him in his cloth nappy and Santa hat before we had a digital camera. 


I used lots of sparkle and shine to spruce up (geddit?) the black and white photo and I added fuzzy heart shaped brads, festive ribbon and lots of old bauble due cuts on pop dots.  I also inked the edges with one of the new seasonal Distress Inks.


The optional extra for this project is to mix up the alphas so I sprayed a chipboard "Joy" with Mister Huey and added some glitter glue and then finished off with some tiny alpha stickers.



Closing date for entries is: 19 December at 1pm

One random winner will win a Mystery Christmas themed prize! Don't forget to check back to see if you are our lucky winner or you are chosen for our favourite 3 entries!!!


Now go, make something festive!  

Bye for now
xx


6 comments:

  1. the close ups really show the dimension in your layout LJ. Great page and a cute title x Not long now and the FF blog hop starts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff Lisa Jane, such a sweet picture! really like the layered embellishments ...gotta love a bauble!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet photo! I like the layers and clusters of embellishments you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout that photo is so sweet.
    Jenny x
    p.s the candle in my project was from Wilkinsons 50p each x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the detail in this layout and the photo is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and I love all of the glitz and glimmer.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)