Wednesday 5 December 2012

Carta Bella Traditions - Layouts

I'm looking at these pumpkins  in the photos and thinking that Autumn feels like a long while ago now!  Some people in the UK have had a smattering of snow today I believe.  I am tucked up in my craft room doing my writing coursework and generally feeling a lot more positive about things after my relaxing weekend but more on that another time.  I have a couple of layouts to share using the Carta Bella Traditions collection featured in the previous post.  (This collection is currently reduced in the huge winter sale on at S J Crafts!)

I love the Autumn colours in this collection and the pops of blue.  I distressed all the edges and added punched leaves to fit with the story of a trip to Wisley Gardens with a friend.


I'm using pop dots for stickers more and more as it makes them easier to move around and gives a wonderful dimension.


This double layout is the first of millions many from our holiday on Aller Farm with Featherdown Farms.  This particular one is about Powderham Castle so I chose the more traditional colours and prints.  It was the Jubilee week too and so this collection gives a bit of a nod to red, white and blue without being in your face with Union Jacks and the like.


Some of the flowers are fussy cut from the papers and others are punched or die cut and some are slightly shaped to add dimension.


Ordinarily I would post several pictures of close ups and the double pages on an individual basis but I had to fiddle and faff around to even get these pictures to post.  I have taken off many many pictures from my blog and it still won't let me post a new one unless I shrink it down a lot but then of course I lose quality.  Hey ho, I will find a way around it eventually even if it means paying for the privilege! 

I have one more DT post to go live shortly which involves a beautiful collection from My Mind's Eye that I'm looking forward to sharing.  Don't forget to tell me what goodies you bought in the sale but do hurry as Sarah is selling fast!

Bye for now
xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages - the photos in the top layout especially really sing out from the page. They are stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this collection is wonderful and suits your photos. Fantastic pages Lisa-Jane.

    I have to resize my photos to 600 to upload them and i find they are not as sharp as they could be - saves a few pennies though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages Lisa-Jane. Such pretty papers and great photos, as always.
    I'm slightly alarmed at the thought I may have limited space for photos on my blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these layouts, especially the bright colours and the scattered leaves on the first one!

    I've always re-sized my photos down to 630pix wide or less, and I've uploaded full size pictures of my layouts to my picassa web albums (for my slideshows) too, and have used less than half of my storage space. Could you go back and re-size some old photos? And make sure that the photos you delete have deleted from picassa too - a back-up image will be stored there so it will be taking up space still.

    I hope you get it sorted! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts and great photos x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)