Monday 3 February 2014

S J Crafts - February Challenge

I'm so happy!  Sarah has decided to start a monthly challenge on the S J Crafts blog and the first one is a sketch and I hope you'll join in too.  I love using sketches - they are a great way to push yourself into trying a different style than you normally favour.  We'll be picking a few of our favourites to 

This month's sketch came from Jennifer (who is also now on the sketch DT for Scrap365 mag!) and we have quite different styles so it was great to try and create something from one of her layouts.  I used some left over pieces from Echo Park's This and That Graceful collection which was one of the first things I ever bought from S J Crafts.  I'm down to the final bits and bobs so this was a great sketch to use them up on.  I've made SO many layouts with these collection packs and loved every one of them - they really work out great value for money.


I was very brave and used Jennifer's style as inspiration to add some droplets of Mr Huey's mist and scatter my embellishments around a bit.


I love these photos that I snapped at a baby shower nearly 18 months ago.  I sneaked some shots of my nieces and their cousins eating cake which kept making them squeal "Oh no!  Aunty LJ!"  The incoming baby was blue flavoured and the blue icing matches so well with the aqua in the collection.  I love it when that happens ;-)

Why not pop over to the blog and see what the other designers have made using the same sketch.  Maybe you'll be inspired to have a go yourself?

Bye for now
xx

6 comments:

  1. Great layout love your scattered embellishments something I find so hard
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see Jennifer's influence..great page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun page LJ!! I love how you've not just taken the sketch as inspiration but also some of Jennifer's style!! Lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos (you may never be forgiven) - they certainly capture the "flavour" of the party! Fab take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant take on Jennifer's sketch, I love the splashes of mist with the sprinkling of embellies - how amazing to squeeze the last drops from a collection and come up with such a fabulous page! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic layout, you definitely got your moneys worth out of that collection x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)